SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Software pro železniční modelářství, simulátory, ovládání, plánování....

Moderátoři: Michal Dalecký, Jarda H.

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Příspěvekod Mixy » pon 04 říj, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello dear Czech friends,

I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from www.scarm.info. It has many track producers, lightweight and intuitive user interface and simplified 3D view.

I will appreciate any comments concerning SCARM here or by email – scarm at scarm dot info.

Mixy,
from Bulgaria

---

Dobrý den, milí přátelé české,

Chci se představit můj freeware program dispoziční řešení, tzv. SCARM, který si můžete stáhnout a vyzkoušet z www.scarm.info. To má mnoho výrobců dráha, lehké a intuitivní uživatelské rozhraní a zjednodušené 3D pohledu.

I ocení žádné připomínky týkající se SCARM zde nebo e-mailem - scarm at scarm dot info.

Mixy,
z Bulharska
(by Google Translate)
Mixy

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Příspěvekod alfik » pon 04 říj, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello Mixy,

Very nice ;)
Actually - I'm working on a similar thing, in my free time - my project (called javaRail) is currently in it's early stages (mostly requirement analysis and architecture planning), but I already had a partially working version, in the past (using Swing framework for general layout and Piccolo library for the ZUI/editor part).
I enjoy java programming a lot, and since a long time ago, I've been dreaming about the creation of a layout-design software with a completely different (much more intuitive) approach to the user handling. It always came to me, that the existing (even commercial) tools are quite awkward to use. Maybe it's because the autors of such software generally tend to be more model RR fans, than software usability engineers.

For example, in your SCARM, I really like the "flex" laying tool :) It presents exactly the kind of intuitivness I've been thinking about so much.

(To be honest, the targets of my javaRail project are twofold - First, I really like to create my own computer-aided model-railorad design tool, and second, I'm using the project to master new tools and frameworks, learn new software engineering approaches, and in general, to really enjoy the fact, that I can work on a software project, where only I can set all the rules, requirements and limits myself, without having to respect any cumbersome customer wishes :) (as you probably guessed, I work as a software engineer, so I take this project also as a kind of a "pressure valve", to relieve all the frustration, that inevitably comes with my daytime job, and to save me from burning out ;))

Anyway, I'd like to discuss and share some ideas with you, if you like (Please PM me, if interrested)

Some general ideas I have in my mind regarding the javaRail project, that you might find potentially usefull and interresting:
- I plan to use javaFX for GUI, as it provides a very modern and fast (hardware accelerated) way to paint things on the screen
- I am following the MVC design pattern for the internal architecture of the layout representation, as it seems to offer an ellegant and very flexible way to create a 2D graphical editor in general
- To describe track pieces, and their geometry, I'm using my own format, which I internally call "Knot-Segment system (KSs)". In a nutshell, "knots" are "oriented" points in space, and segments are path-elements, that connect them. Segments can have numerous primitive shapes, like simple line, arc, and some more... Currently, I use simple XML for the track definitions.
alfik

Příspěvekod Mixy » úte 05 říj, 2010 7:36 am

Thank you for your post, alfik :).
I will write PM to you later today.

Mixy,
from Bulgaria
Mixy

Příspěvekod Mixy » pon 21 úno, 2011 3:54 pm

Hello dear friends :)

New version 0.7.0 of SCARM is released.

The most important new features are Print and Print preview mode for WYSIWYG layout printouts.

Try it from http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html.

Mixy,
from Bulgaria

---

Dobrý den, milí přátelé :)

Nová verze 0.7.0 ze dne SCARM je propuštěn.

Nejdůležitější jsou nové funkce Tisk a náhled na uspořádání rairoad výtisky.

Zkuste to z http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html.

Mixy,
z Bulharska
(by Google Translate)
Mixy

Příspěvekod Mixy » pon 11 dub, 2011 7:00 pm

SCARM 0.8.4 uvolněna. Přidáno 3D podporuje řízení, která umožní tvorbu realistických-vypadat jako šroubovice a viaduktů v 3D režimu sledování, stejně jako níže:

SCARM update 0.8.4 released. Added 3D supports management, which will allow creation of realistic-looking helixes and viaducts in 3D viewing mode, like those below:

Obrázek

Obrázek

Mixy
Mixy

Re: Nová verze SCARM s realistickými 3D terénu

Příspěvekod Mixy » úte 10 kvě, 2011 7:26 pm

Nová verze 0.8.6 ze dne SCARM je připraven :)

Nejdůležitější novinkou je automatické generování 3D terénu (viz foto níže). Také je možné SCARM být přeložen v českém jazyce - viz Překlad průvodce v nabídce Nástroje.

Doufáme, že se vám bude líbit. Další skvělé vlastnosti budou brzy :)

---

The new version 0.8.6 of SCARM is ready :)

The most important new feature is automatic 3D terrain generation (see the pictures below). Also, it is possible SCARM to be translated in Czech language – see Translation Wizard in the Tools menu.

Hope that you will like it. More cool features will come soon :)

(klikněte pro zvětšení / click to enlarge)

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Mixy
Mixy

Příspěvekod Mixy » pon 31 říj, 2011 8:54 pm

Nová verze 0.9.5 SCARM je připraven a zveřejněn na http://www.scarm.info :)

Nejdůležitější nové funkce 3D obrázky a objekty, Toolbox pomocné okno, sledovat barvy a 1:1 zvětšení pro přesné výtisky jednotlivých kusů dráhy.

Tam je příklad uspořádání: Sample1_HO.zip. Stáhněte si jej, rozbalte a otevřete ho v SCARM vidět v detailech některých nových funkcí.Zde jsou některé fotky převzaty z rozložení vzorku (klikněte pro zvětšení):

Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek

Doufám, že se vám bude líbit :)

Mixy

---

The new version SCARM 0.9.5 is ready and published on http://www.scarm.info :)

The most important new features are 3D figures and objects, Toolbox helper window, track colors and 1:1 zoom factor for exact printouts of particular track pieces.

There is an example layout: Sample1_HO.zip. Download it, unzip and open in SCARM to see in details some of the new features. The pics above are taken from the sample layout (click on them to enlarge).

Hope you will like it :)

Mixy
Mixy

Příspěvekod Mixy » pát 18 lis, 2011 4:11 pm

SCARM 0.9.7 je nyní přeloženo v českém jazyce, díky Jakub Svozil. Stáhněte si jej a vyberte "View" > "Language" > "Czech" z menu :)

---

SCARM 0.9.7 is now translated in Czech, thanks to Jakub Svozil. Download it and select "View" > "Language" > "Czech" from the menu :)

Mixy
Mixy

Příspěvekod Fox » ned 02 říj, 2016 8:02 am

Nyní je k dispozici verze 0.9.33 Beta (ke stažení na http://www.scarm.info). Ačkoliv zde většina komunity používá WinTrack 8 CZ, přesto je SCARM dobrým nástrojem, například pro rychlé první návrhy layoutu, protože spousta funkcí je více intuitivní než ve WT. Podle mého názoru například SCARM obsahuje daleko lepší algoritmus pro flexi koleje...
TT, DR5000, Z21, iTrain...
Fox

Příspěvekod jakub_s » ned 02 říj, 2016 8:55 am

Už je k dispozici 9.34, kde je podpora pluginů a první plugin je pro ovládání vlaku - dá se kolejiště projet jak ve 2D tak ve 3D (zatím je k dispozici pouze jedna lokomotiva a dva vagony). Jinak jsou tam novinky jako třeba posun vybraných kolejí nahoru či dolů. Jakmile budu mít chvíli, updatnu a zreviduju langpack aby byl v nové verzi dispozici.
HO DCC
jakub_s

Příspěvekod marian_r » pon 24 črc, 2023 5:37 pm

My problem is that SCARM opens self on "first" monitor, not on "main monitor". There is no easy way to reassign monitor numbers.
marian_r

Příspěvekod Ivan » úte 25 črc, 2023 11:04 am

marian_r píše:My problem is that SCARM opens self on "first" monitor, not on "main monitor". There is no easy way to reassign monitor numbers.

Já se Scarmem nemám problém na win10 ani Linux. Co máš za OS?

viděl jsem, že jsi dříve nepsal anglicky, tak píšu česky
TTmini Jizerka III/IV ep. (1.3m2, DR5000, Z21 a MM) ... hlavně že mne to baví!
Ivan

Příspěvekod marian_r » úte 25 črc, 2023 11:59 am

Win 8.1.

Všetky programy sa otvoria na tom monitore, kde boli predtým zatvorené. SCARM dá splash screen na hlavný (2), ale aplikáciu otvorí vždy na 1.

Zmeniť očíslovanie sa nedá jednoducho, súvisí to s poradím portov na grafickej karte. A moje monitory nepoužívajú rovnaký konektor.
marian_r

Zpět na Software