Czech TTe in England

Specializované fórum pouze pro příznivce úzkorozchodných železnic.

Moderátor: Michal Dalecký

Re: Czech TTe in England

Příspěvekod hobby » čtv 05 čer, 2014 9:51 am

I've not really been happy with the layout of the station loops so after ballasting them I finally decided that I'd have to change them! :roll:

What I've done is change over the two points on the left hand side, this has shortened the outer (No2 Passenger) loop and lengthened the inner (No3 - Goods) loop. It has meant that I can have both the Goods Shed and Station building with track in front of them and will look better when I put the platform slabs down. Looking at my books on Czech (and Austrian) practice the loops can be laid overlapping like this or like I had it before, it just looks better and more even ovelaping... As you will see I've also been painting the stock!!

Before:

Obrázek

After:

Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » ned 03 srp, 2014 2:31 pm

Things have moved on a bit since I last posted on this thread. The layout is "freelance" but based around the JHMD, so all buildings and places are not models of a specific area. It's due to be taken to an exhibition next week so here's the latest progress. The U class was scratch built by a friend on a Marklin 2-6-0T chassis.

Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » pát 03 říj, 2014 2:20 pm

Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » sob 04 říj, 2014 3:32 pm

Some recent photos, two in "twilight" and two in normal light!

Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod rawen » sob 04 říj, 2014 4:13 pm

Looks great!
Is the leftmost house realy so "new and "tidy" or is it only photo feature?

Radek
rawen

Příspěvekod hank » sob 04 říj, 2014 5:28 pm

hobby, you should move the trapezoid sign - it is too close to the first station point/switch (point or switch? I do not know whether you rather use the British or the American term for the same). The distance of the trapezoid sign from the first point/switch should be longer than the length of the longest possible shunting trainset. You probably know that the trapezoid signs substitute stop/home signals in unmanned stations and thus they must protect the entire distance that might be occupied by the shunting set. Usually the distance equals to the longest station track length.
... i my dědci ještě můžeme být všelijak užiteční...
Es ist viel später als du denkst.
hank

Příspěvekod hobby » pon 06 říj, 2014 8:20 am

Thanks Hank we use "point" over here!

Re the sign, I hadn't realised that, so I take it that it should be on this side of the level crossing, then? I'll have to move the one on the other side as well!!

The "halt" (small station) for the castle uses those square/oblong box signs which seem to indicate where the loco should stop so I've put them in an appropriate place near to the station. I haven't used the trapezoid sign at all for that station. I'll try to get a photo which shows them. I put them there after seeing them at several halts on the JHMD!
hobby

Příspěvekod hank » pon 06 říj, 2014 9:38 am

The oblong signs are used only in halts and they indicate where should stop not the engine but the first vehicle occupied by passangers.

The trapezoid signs are used only at the stations used for passing trains. The second passing train is obliged to stop at the trapezoid sign and the chief-conductor of the first train already standing at the station after respective switching point(s) gives to the second train a signal allowing entering the station. Usually the trapezoid sign also indicates a chief train conductor´s (or engine driver´s if there is no chief conductor) duty to report the arrival in the unmanned station to the train dispatcher in the controlling station we call here "conducting" station and the respective dispatcher "conducting" train dispatcher.
... i my dědci ještě můžeme být všelijak užiteční...
Es ist viel später als du denkst.
hank

Příspěvekod hobby » pon 06 říj, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks, I think I have them in the right place in at the halt then!

Some photos taken at the Zedex Model railway Exhibition held yesterday. That's it's second show and it's been invited back next year. I also have three other shows booked for it to appear at!

Obrázek[/URL]
Obrázek[/URL]
Obrázek[/URL]
Obrázek[/URL]
Obrázek[/URL]
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » úte 04 lis, 2014 3:48 pm

Cat on the line:

Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod sidlo » úte 04 lis, 2014 9:11 pm

Is your tomcat cleaning rails?

Oblong is end point of platform at stop (outside of station).
Trapezoid sign is situated as same place as (and instead of) stop/home signal.
sidlo

Příspěvekod hobby » stř 05 lis, 2014 10:06 am

:D

She's called Snowy, so as someone else has said she makes a large snow drift!

Thanks for the info on the signs!
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » úte 06 led, 2015 10:12 am

When we put up the curtain along the front we end up with a triangular gap in front of the middle board and the castle board. Charlie Forbes, my regular operator, suggested a while ago that I made a scenic infill for it to make it look neater. As a respite from making Balm/u's I made up the new board ready for St Albans next weekend...

So here is "Charlie's Infill"!! :)

Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » ned 03 kvě, 2015 9:49 am

I've never been happy with the Pub (Hostinec?) behind the station and not so long ago got some of the KB Model buildings via the kind help from Vikktor. I've modified one of the House No81 kits to make a "U" shaped Pub with a small drinking area in the front, rather like a photo I saw of a Czech pub online when I did a Google Image search. I hope you like it!

Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
hobby

Příspěvekod sidlo » ned 03 kvě, 2015 10:33 am

Gambrinus - it is standard :lol:
sidlo

PředchozíDalší

Zpět na Úzkorozchodky