"A Taste of Albeř"

Specializované fórum pouze pro příznivce úzkorozchodných železnic.

Moderátor: Michal Dalecký

"A Taste of Albeř"

Příspěvekod hobby » úte 04 říj, 2016 10:27 am

When I built the new boards for South Bohemia it left two 3'x2' boards from the original TTe layout that were no longer needed... Now that's two boards waiting for something to be done with them and I can't leave opportunities like that go to waste so I began to wonder what I could do with them... Originally I thought about extending South Bohemia with more scenery but the difficulty came with the space needed to transport the layout and the longer layout space needed at shows both of which I thought would not work...

So, a small 6ftx2ft "scenic" layout perhaps...

When on our Czech/Austria NG trip I introduced my friend David to Albeř, a small village just on the outskirts of Nova Bystrice near the end of the southern of the two JHMD lines. I had thought before it would make a good, compact, layout in HO but with the smaller size of TT I recon it will fit on the two boards... It consists of a small station with siding and a viaduct made of stone and girder construction... A visit to that exhibition in Prague where they had modelled it confirmed my opinion that it would make a neat compact model...

For a start the original only has a siding which will restrict working at exhibitions (assuming people want it), so it will have a loop instead. Secondly I'll be modelling at it from the other side to the Prague layout, they model it from the location of a Hostel, but I will be looking "uphill" towards the Hostel. The ground slopes upwards towards it so will help in disguising the back.

I've been wondering how to disguise the exit of the road 152 (see: https://www.google.c...5.1390126?hl=en) which is quite a wide road, even on that model they haven't managed it! On looking on page 141 of my book on the line (the Karel Just book!) it would appear that the small road under the single girder was originally the main road and the current 152 road under the second of the double girders didn't exist. If my reading of that page is right the twin girders actually went across the river/stream instead so they must have changed it when they built the new road (I assume to bypass Alber itself).

That rather makes things easier. If you look closely at that link you can see the water course does a sharp left hand turn and goes under the 152 and into the forest, it actually goes up to a large lake behind the forest. That would make life much easier for me modelling it as it naturally goes out of the line of view deep into the trees.

So my current thoughts are to get rid of the new road (the 152) altogether and take it back to pre bypass days. It would be handy to see some photos of it before this road was built but so far I haven't found any, can anyone help with old photographs of the viaduct?
hobby

Re: "A Taste of Albeř"

Příspěvekod MkTT » úte 04 říj, 2016 11:12 am

Hi,
For historical aerial photos, you can check website http://http://kontaminace.cenia.cz/ You can even switch it to English. On the aerial photo map from 1953, there is no road 152 yet.
Unfortunately, I don't have any historical photograph of the viaduct.
Albeř.jpg
Albeř
MkTT

Příspěvekod hobby » úte 04 říj, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks MK, that it was I was looking for but couldn't find!
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » úte 31 led, 2017 11:10 am

Some progress:

Plan:

Obrázek

Basic boards (6ft x 2ft 6ins (1.85m x 750mm):

Obrázek

Overall view fro the viaduct end:

Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek

Track laid (Peco Code 60 rail and Marklin Z points):

Obrázek
Obrázek

Control Panel (!):

Obrázek

I took it out for a test run last night at a local Narrow Gauge Meeting and it behaved itself. It's first exhibition will be at the beginning of March in Derby.
hobby

Příspěvekod sidlo » úte 31 led, 2017 11:36 am

Tip on detail. Water pump is on bridge.
http://mapio.net/pic/p-34454662/
Obrázek
sidlo

Příspěvekod hobby » stř 01 úno, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks Sidlo, that is one thing I won't be changing!! :)

One think I have to figure out is how to do those railings in 1:120 scale, may have to use brass rod.
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » stř 08 úno, 2017 10:21 am

Hi!

I have been asked about this object at the station:

Obrázek

We have guessed that it is a weighbridge to weigh wagons being filled at the loading bay but does anyone know any more about it?
hobby

Příspěvekod vvitty » stř 08 úno, 2017 10:30 am

Your guess is correct.
Most probably, it is from production of Frantisek Wiesner, Chrudim around 1920 - 1930.
A photo etched kit is available.
Stavebnice, díly, nářadí pro modeláře, - [url]https://www.pojezdy.eu/eshop[/url]
vvitty

Příspěvekod sidlo » stř 08 úno, 2017 10:36 am

You are right.
The two arms on the top is signal.
http://mujweb.cz/mikulda/d1/htm/sesta4.htm
Pohyb vozidel dovolen - cars has enabled moving - default status
Pohyb vozidel zakázán - cars has disabled moving - during weighing
sidlo

Příspěvekod MkTT » stř 08 úno, 2017 10:43 am

This photo etched kit looks very close to the weighbridge on the picture: http://www.miniatur-eshop.cz/miniatur-e ... stavebnice. The kit has a window, but it can be covered.
MkTT

Příspěvekod hobby » stř 08 úno, 2017 11:04 am

Ah... I will have to get a TT and HO version of that!

Thanks folks!
hobby

Příspěvekod hobby » stř 08 úno, 2017 11:08 am

Do you know what was being weighed?
hobby

Příspěvekod MiG » stř 08 úno, 2017 11:44 am

Fish?
MiG

Příspěvekod hank » stř 08 úno, 2017 12:10 pm

Kusá kolej v Albeři o délce 98 m byla vlastní vlečkou bývalé fy Kreuzthaler Tuchfabrik, Josef Wurmfeld a synové, Nová Bystřice. Vozilo se uhlí, suroviny (takže hlavně vlna) a hotové výrobky (vlněné látky, deky). Vlečka byla opuštěna asi v r. 1966.
Ještě jsem zapomněl: Váha byla uvedena do provozu v r. 1917.

The 98 meters long dead-end track in Albeř was a private siding of the former factory Kreuzthaler Tuchfabrik, Josef Wurmfeld and Sons, Neubistritz. The carried loads were coal, raw materials (i.e. wool, most of all) and manufactured products (woolen fabrics, heavy blankets). The siding was abandoned around 1966.
I forgot: The weighbridge was put into operation in 1917.

Edit: V Nové Bystřici a okolí bylo těch textilek víc, byla tam i bavlnářská a přímo v Albeři plátenická výroba.

Edfit: In Neubistritz and neighbourhoods were more textile factories, production of cotton fabrics and directly in Albeř the same of linen.
... i my dědci ještě můžeme být všelijak užiteční...
Es ist viel später als du denkst.
hank

Příspěvekod vvitty » stř 08 úno, 2017 12:27 pm

TT version of this PE kit is also available from the same manufacturer. Just drop me a message if you like, I could send it by mail.

This kind of weighbridge has been installed on many stations to weight cargo wagons with many different loads.
Stavebnice, díly, nářadí pro modeláře, - [url]https://www.pojezdy.eu/eshop[/url]
vvitty

Další

Zpět na Úzkorozchodky